Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Tenth Journey ( Guatemala)


"Love is a kind of warfare..." Ovid


Men with Guns(1997) Dir. John Sayles



My name is Conjeo, and I was thirteen when I meet Dr. Fuentes. He was doctor from the big city who had decided to search the countryside for doctors whom he had educated. It was journey to remember. As an orphaned, I was ambivalent to death, murder, starvation, inadequate housing, and the coldness of others. Therefore, I was unmoved when he discovered that his students were killed because they were doctors. But Dr. Fuentes was man. In the short time we were together, he taught me how to love, I went back to the big city, and worked hard in school and earned good grades. Now, I am in medical school. My country has changed a little. The guerillas are not as bad, and the military has improved. But, I and still afraid . I practice in the city. But for those who are courageous, I will support their journey into mountains with the corn, sap, and mountain people.

No comments:

Post a Comment